Social icons

Monday 14 March 2016

Canggu, Bali



Bali has been top of my list of places to visit for a long time.  I decided to spend a month in this beautiful part of the world.

I spent my first week in Canggu, south Bali. This small village has a very laid back vibe and is a popular spot for surfers. I stayed at The Chillhouse, a boutique surf and yoga retreat. I can't recommend this place enough, I loved it so much I actually went back for a few days at the end of my month in Bali. The best thing about the Chillhouse is the communal atmosphere. Everyone eats together at the large tables, sharing stories and experiences of their travels. I made friends with many like minded solo travelers from all around the world during my stay. The food here is amazing! I was a big fan of the 'second breakfasts' what a great idea and just what you need after early morning surf and yoga sessions.  The staff here are also extremely friendly and greet you everyday with a beaming smile. It really is hard to leave this place.












I spent most of my mornings surfing with Bali Local Surf school. These guys are great and really look after you out in the ocean. My instructor most of the week was Wayan, he is an incredible surf instructor, very patient and helped me improve my surf...by the end of the week I was in the intermediate group! They offer lessons in the mornings and afternoons and always have one coach for two people.







My surf instructor Wayan (on the right)
In the afternoon you can chill out by the pool back at The Chillhouse, do yoga, have a massage or borrow a bike and explore the village. Down in the village you will find local boutique shops and cafes to stop off for lunch or a smoothie bowl! My favourite places are Avocado and Crate. Old Man's and The Lawn are great spots for sunset drinks, the coconut mojitos at The Lawn are amazing!










The Lawn
Sunset at The Lawn


Thank you for an awesome time, Canggu!
I'll be back soon...
Namaste x


1 comment

  1. This is a wonderful description of Canggu and all that it is! Thank you so much for loving Bali as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog x

Hello Sunshine 2015. Powered by Blogger.